Boca Raton house fire damages bedroom, started by candle, officials say

BOCA RATON, Fla. -- At approximately 9:49am today, Boca Raton firefighters responded to a house fire located at 3160 NW 56 Street.

According to Assistant Fire Chief Michael Gergora, the occupant called 911 and reported that her house was on fire.

Upon arrival, fire rescue services personnel found flames and smoke coming from a second story window at the rear of the home.

The occupant said she had lit an aroma candle in the room where the fire was located.

She said she went downstairs to meet with a delivery man and noticed the fire shortly thereafter.

Fortunately the fire was contained to just the one bedroom and no injuries were reported.

The fire is currently under investigation by Boca Raton Fire Rescue Services Department.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments