Man shocked after cutting live wire at a Palm Beach Gardens store

PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. -  A man was in critical but stable condition Thursday afternoon after being shocked while working on the electrical system of a store in a shopping plaza in Palm Beach Gardens, said chief Keith Bryer, spokesman for the city's fire department.

The man "was cutting some electrical wires when he by mistake cut a live wire," Bryer said. He said the man was rushed to St. Mary's Medical Center.

The incident, which happened at 7022 Fairway Lane around 3:23 p.m., resulted in a power outage off of PGA, he said.

1,385 FPL customers west of Florida's Turnpike, off of PGA Boulevard were without power for a few hours because of the incident, said Bill Orlove, FPL spokesman.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments