PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. - Three students attending a Palm Beach Gardens middle school were taken to local hospitals Tuesday afternoon after they took a homeopathic sleep aid at school, said Division Chief Keith Bryer, spokesman for Palm Beach Gardens Fire Rescue.
Bryer said 10 Watson B. Duncan Middle School students took the over-the-counter sleep aid Calms Forte. Three of the children were hospitalized at the request of their parents, he said. All children were listed in stable condition.
Bryer said his department consulted Poison Control and were told there was no reason for concern with side effects based on the amount of the homeopathic remedy taken by the children.
According to the manufacturer’s website, the Hyland’s Homeopathic’s product “eases tension and promotes sleep naturally.” The site further states that the product contains no sedative and does not cause a drug hangover. is not addictive.