JUPITER, Fla. - Three children were sent to the hospital after an explosion in the 100 block of Trail North Road, Wednesday evening, according to Palm Beach County Fire Rescue.
Two brothers and a neighbor, ages ten to thirteen, were playing with remote control cars.
Deputies say they poured some of the gasoline out and it caught fire in the middle of the road, causing an explosion.
"I came outside and I heard a lot of screaming. Kids screaming. I saw them running up towards the house. It's sad. This time of year, the holidays to have something like that happen. It's sad," said neighbor Claude Taylor.
The 11-year-old, Miles Jones, was severely injured and taken to Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami. According to a relative he suffered burns to his legs and part of his face, but is alert and talking. The relative says he suffered burns over 25 percent of his body, but should make a full recovery.
The 10 year-old and 13-year-old were taken to St. Mary's Medical Center. Their father says the 13 year old has been released.
Investigators were on the scene to determine whether any parental neglect had taken place, but did not find that to be the case.
No charges will be filed.