New ozone generator may have been the culprit
It's business as usual Tuesday afternoon at the Martin County Tax Collector's Office after a morning "air scare."
A total of 12 people complained of feeling sick after walking into the building on Willoughby Road in Stuart.
3 of those people were taken to the hospital to be checked out. No one was critically hurt, but the office was closed for about 2 hours.
"Last night the county had run an ozone generator in the building and when we opened this morning, a few of the staff had a reaction," said Martin County Tax Collector Ruth Pietruszewski.
A fire-rescue HazMat team went through the building and determined there was nothing out of the ordinary inside.