Clothes dryer blamed in Hobe Sound townhouse fire

HOBE SOUND, Fla. - Two adults and several cats were displaced Thursday evening after a clothes dryer caught fire in the garage of their townhome in the 5600 block of SE Yorktown Drive in Hobe Sound, said Dan Hashburger, spokesman for Martin County Fire.

Firefighters arrived on scene around 7:14 p.m. and found heavy flames and smoke in the townhouse. The blaze gutted about 50 percent of the townhouse, but it did not affect the adjacent home, Hashburger said.

The couple and their pets were able to leave the residence unharmed, Hashburger said.

The family is being assisted by the Red Cross.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments