SUBURBAN WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - A clothing dryer fire appears to be the cause of a late night house fire at 2336 Wabasso Drive in Suburban West Palm Beach.
The fire broke out around 10:45 p.m. Sunday, said Lee Forshner, spokesman with Palm Beach County Fire Rescue.
Nicholas Evans was in the home at the time, with his parents and sister. He says his father was trying to get rid of lint from the clothes dryer when the fire started, then spread into the ceiling area.
Nicholas says family members tried throwing water on the flames before fire rescue first responders arrived.
There were several pets inside the home at the time. Most got out safely, except for some hamsters that died.