WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - After John Goodman was found guilty of DUI manslaughter and vehicular homicide in the traffic crash that killed Scott Wilson, his lead attorney Roy Black said he planned to appeal.
This week he followed through on his promise.
Black said he thought multiple errors were committed during and before the trial which denied Goodman's ability to get a fair trial.
On Black's website he listed errors, in his opinion, that justify a new trial. Among them:
(1) the funding of an attorney for government witness Lisa Pembleton by the attorneys representing the Wilson family.
(2) the prosecutors' conduct in releasing Ms. Pembleton from a trial subpoena knowing that they were going to ask this Court the next morning to reconsider its initial ruling barring the introduction of her taped statement.
(3) the hiring of the State's rebuttal expert, Thomas Livernois.
(4) the role of the "Volkswagen Group" (including the Bentley Corporation) in staging the secretive tests Mr. Livernois conducted on the "exemplar" Bentley.
(5) the suppression of evidence that would have impeached Mr. Livernois' testimony about the purported infallibility of the "fail safe" software used in cars manufactured by the Volkswagen Group.
Goodman will be sentenced on April 30th at 1:30 p.m.
CLICK HERE TO READ THE MOTION bitly link: http://bit.ly/HdHObO