Scott Blake, Wellington Polo Park Middle School principal, faces multiple child sex charges

WELLINGTON, Fla. - Arrested and facing multiple child sex charges, Wellington Polo Park Middle School principal Scott Blake remains in the Palm Beach County jail.

Boynton Beach Police said the 47-year-old was arrested after he allegedly tried meeting with an undercover officer, who he thought was a 15-year-old boy for sex.

Blake appeared before a judge in cuff and in a jail jumpsuit on Friday listening to the two separate charges he faces. Blake is being charged with one charge of computer pornography-child exploitation and one charge of traveling to meet a minor to commit an unlawful sex act.

"That's scary. It's scary knowing that he was there last year and things could have happened with the kids and sometimes the kids aren't going to talk," said Tasha Boston, a Polo Park Middle School parent.

Boston, whose son attends Polo Park Middle School, is stunned to hear what Boynton Beach Police accuse the principal of doing.

According to a Probable Cause Affidavit, police said Blake was communicating with who he thought was a 15-year-old boy for several days.

Blake allegedly sent texts, pictures of himself and suggestive message expressing he wanted to meet who he thought was a teen at a Boynton Beach Parking lot.

The teen though was allegedly an undercover Boynton Beach Police officer and when Blake arrive, police moved in to arrest.

"The only thing I can say is, the problem with internet predators are they can be anyone, anywhere at anytime and this just shows you, at this point the way the allegations the way they are, here we have a principal from a middle school who is charged with these kinds of crimes," said Greg Schiller, with the Palm Beach County State Attorney's office.

On his Linkedin profile page, Blake lists his position with the Palm Beach County School District and that he was an assistant principal at Jupiter High School.

Blake also recently tweeted, "Thankful to retain our 'A' Grade."

Superintendent Wayne Gent released a statement:

"While we cannot comment on ongoing investigations, these allegations are very troubling and disappointing to us. The safety of our children is our paramount concern," wrote Gent in an email.

Parents though whose children attend the middle school did not refrain from speaking out.

"I think he should just, leave. Leave altogether," said one.

According to the school district, that is not happening. The district said in a statement is was reassigning Blake to non-student contact status pending the outcome of the trial.

If and when Blake posts bail, a judge ordered Blake to house arrest with no contact with children and no internet access.

The lawyer representing Blake at his first appearance said he is no longer representing Blake.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments