Person hospitalized after fuel leak at the Port of Palm Beach

RIVIERA BEACH — One person has been taken to a local hospital after being exposed to a fuel leak this morning at the Port of Palm Beach, officials say.

Riviera Beach Fire Rescue units and HazMat crews were dispatched to 301 Broadway at 10:38 a.m.

While transporting fuel from one container to another, a hose came apart and fuel leaked out, said Riviera Beach spokeswoman Rose Anne Brown.

One person was exposed to the fumes and was treated on scene, Brown said. The person was also taken to a hospital.

She did not immediately know which hospital the person was taken to, and did not know if there has been evacuation due to the leak.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments