Small fire in bathroom forces evacuation of Lake Worth High

LAKE WORTH, Fla. — Palm Beach County Fire Rescue and school police are at Lake Worth Community High this morning after a fire broke out in a bathroom.

Fire rescue crews were dispatched to the school, 1701 Lake Worth Rd., just after 9:20 a.m. and found smoke in a bathroom on the second floor of building two, fire rescue Capt. Don DeLucia said.

DeLucia said the fire started possibly in the garbage of the bathroom.

That building was evacuated, but students have since been let in, said Palm Beach County School District spokeswoman Natalia Arenas.

It was a "very short and small fire," Arenas said. She added that "all protocols were followed" and "no students were hurt."

Print this article Back to Top

Comments