Lake Worth trio arrested, accused of bloody attempted murder, kidnapping

— A 23-year-old woman, her boyfriend and a man related to her were arrested Thursday evening after sheriff's detectives say the trio held a 19-year-old man hostage, hit him with a baseball bat, stabbed him in the chest, and tried twice to lock him in his own car's trunk while he was bleeding profusely.

Wanda Nene, 23, Julio Nene, 31, and 24-year-old Dayne Williams were arrested on multiple charges including attempted murder, kidnapping, robbery with a firearm and aggravated battery using a deadly weapon.

At their first appearance hearings this morning, Senior Circuit Judge Howard H. Harrison, Jr. denied bond for Williams and Julio Nene.

Wanda Nene did not attend her first appearance as she was sick with an undisclosed illness.

According to a probable cause affidavit, Palm Beach County Sheriff's detectives on Thursday responded to 1407 N. J Street in Lake Worth after emergency dispatchers received a 911 call regarding a shooting at the residence.

While investigating the shooting, detectives found text messages between the 19-year-old victim and another person who is not identified in the affidavit, that show the victim was invited to Wanda "Hot" Nene's home to smoke marijuana.

The unidentified person told the victim Nene, who is Williams' girlfriend, was not home.

The victim, whose name is withheld in the affidavit, told detectives that when he arrived at Nene's home an unidentified man locked him in the residence. Julio Nene, of Palm Springs, pointed a gun at him, told him to get on the ground and took his keys from him, the victim said.

Wanda Nene, Julio Nene, and Williams were all in the apartment at that time, the detectives wrote in the affidavit.

When the victim refused to get on the ground, Williams hit him on the head with an aluminum baseball bat causing the victim to fall on a sofa, the affidavit says.

Julio Nene accused the victim of burglarizing his home on Dec. 18, and wanted him to confess. The victim denied any involvement, angering Nene, who said, "Give me the money, I know you did it."

Nene then fired his gun toward the floor and ordered the 19-year-old to get on the ground. The man refused again, and Nene said he would kill him.

According to the affidavit, Wanda Nene joined in, saying, "If you don't do this, we're all going to kill you."

Williams and the unidentified man bound the victim's feet and hands with belts, while Wanda Nene stole his wallet out of his pants pocket.

The victim was then rolled off the carpet so Wanda Nene could pour bleach on it to remove the blood stains. Afterwards, she backed the victim's 1990 two-door Honda in with the trunk closest to the home's front door.

After removing the speaker box in the trunk, Williams and the unidentified man tried shoving the victim into the trunk.

The victim struggled and screamed enough so that Williams and the other man were forced to bring him back into the apartment where he was beaten so more.

Again, Williams and the other man tried shoving the victim into the trunk. This time, Wanda Nene helped by tying a scarf around the man's mouth.

Unable to secure him the trunk a second time, they took the victim back into the apartment where he was able to get his feet and hands free and fight Julio Nene for the gun, the affidavit says.

Before getting control of the gun, the victim ended up getting shot in his left thigh, right thigh and left ankle.

Williams then stepped in, biting the victim - who also bit Williams.

Although the unidentified accomplice stabbed the victim in his chest with a kitchen knife, he was maintained control of the gun and fired at him.

According to the affidavit, Williams was able to take the gun away and the victim jumped out of a closed window.

Because Wanda Nene left the victim's keys in his car, he was able to drive away while Williams fired shots at the car, the affidavit says.

After obtaining a search warrant for the home, sheriff's detectives found a bloody mop, cleaning products, a bucket with water and a knife inside. There were also blood stains and holes in the walls.

In addition, detectives found a .22 caliber nine-shot revolver and an aluminum baseball bat - both of which had blood on them.

Detectives said the trio's testimony was not consistent with the victim's, and also with what was found in the home.

The victim was taken to the hospital to be treated, but his condition is not known at this time.

Print this article Back to Top