Lake Worth kitchen fire displaces four, including a child

LAKE WORTH, Fla. - Three adults and one child are being assisted by the Red Cross Thursday evening after their Lake Worth home suffered smoke damage caused by a fire in the kitchen, said Capt. Albert Borroto, spokesman for Palm Beach County Fire Rescue.

Rescue crews responded around 3:47 p.m. to reports of a fire in an apartment at 2901 10 th Avenue. They found smoke coming from the front door and located the source as "something left on the stove," Borroto said.

Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire but the smoke had already caused damage to the residence, he said.

He said the Red Cross was contacted to provide assistance to the four.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments