Lake Worth house fire may have been caused by burning candles

LAKE WORTH, Fla.--Crime scene investigators with the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office are trying to track down who started a fire in an abandoned Lake Worth home.

It happened around 10 a.m. Friday in the 1200 block of South L Street.

Palm Beach County Fire Rescue responded to the scene to find a small fire inside one of the bedrooms of the abandoned home. When they arrived, they say they saw a person run away from the home. They say the man may have been homeless.

Firefighters say the man may have had candles inside the home which may have sparked the blaze.

No one was injured as a result of the fire.
 

Print this article Back to Top

Comments