House fire in Greenacres, crews treat dog for injuries

The Greenacres Fire Department responded to a house fire at 5924 38th Street South in Greenacres Monday.

Two adults and two children lost everything in the blaze which began on a stove, according to the Greenacres Fire Marshal.

The family got out safely but a dog named Marshmallow was still inside when firefighters arrived.

It was not breathing but rescue crews were able to revive the animal with chest compressions and oxygen, according to the fire marshal.

Marshmellow was rushed to Simmons Vet Hospital in critical condition, where he remains in the oxygen tent.

Although doctors said his condition is improving, they will monitor him over night.

Vet administrators are holding a fundraiser for the 8 year old Shih-Tzu at the hospital.

Donations for Marshmellow can be PNC Bank.

Red Cross is assisting the family who will stay in a hotel for the next few nights.


 


Comments