Logan Stiner: Ohio high school student dies after using powdered caffeine

An Ohio high school senior who died just days before graduation apparently died from too much caffeine.

Logan Stiner was getting ready to graduate from Keystone High School in LaGrange, Ohio when he died last month.

He had been voted prom king and was described as a good student.

The coroner says a white powder was found beside his body.

It turned out to be a potent brand of powdered caffeine.

Officials say it's unclear how much Stiner ingested, but that it was enough to cause seizures and an abnormal heartbeat.

Deaths due to caffeine use are considered rare.

His mother did not realize her son was using caffeine powder but knew he took a "pre-workout" supplement.

Powdered caffeine is not sold in stores but is easy to buy over the internet.


Comments