LAKE PARK —An elderly woman was taken to a local hospital this morning for smoke inhalation after she escaped a fire that ignited in a Lake Park duplex.
Palm Beach County and Palm Beach Gardens Fire Rescue crews were called to 215 7th Ct., south of Northlake Boulevard and east of Congress Avenue, at 10:39 a.m.
Upon arrival, firefighters reported heavy, dark smoke coming from the apartment complex. While the fire started in only one of the apartments, all were affected by smoke.
Everyone in the home was able to get out of the apartment complex before firefighters arrived, said Palm Beach Gardens Fire Rescue District Chief Keith Bryer.
However, an elderly woman, whose name was not released, was taken to a local hospital for smoke inhalation.
She was “relatively stable,” Bryer said.
YouReporter Christine sent in a photo of the fire