Billy Ray Cyrus may be better known these days for being the father of Miley, and for his co-starring role a few years back with his daughter on the tv show "Hannah Montana."
But he first became known for his one-hit wonder, the pop-country hit "Achy Breaky Heart" in 1992.
Now, 22 years later, it's "Achy Breaky" time once again.
Billy Ray Cyrus appears in a new music video by Buck 22 entitled "Achy Breaky 2" that was released on Tuesday.
Buck 22 is Damon Elliott, the 40-year-old son of R&B legend Dionne Warwick.
The pair met when when Elliott was Billy Ray's duet with Warwick for her upcoming 50th anniversary album.
Here are some random observations:
- Larry King (and his suspenders) begin the video with an appropriate apology and wedges in a timely and relevant shout-out to Muhammad Ali/Cassius Clay.
- Cyrus continually strums a guitar throughout the video (that isn't plugged in and isn't heard throughout the song), presumably to give him something to do.
- Nearly-naked models clad in mainly electrical tape (apparently they supposed to be the "aliens") twerk for Cyrus and take hits from oh-so-futuristic vaporizers.
- Buck 22 and Cyrus first appear with a nod to Andy Griffith with Cyrus as his current self, but Buck 22 as a child.
- Once they are beamed onboard a space ship, Buck 22 instantly ages about 25-30 years, while Cyrus remains the same age.
- A few times the "young" Buck 22 appears in the space ship, dancing at one point and observing his older self and Billy Ray Cyrus at another point.
- A random photographer shows up to take a few snapshots of Billy Ray and Buck 22.
I'm sure I missed some of the weirdness.
Please add more of your observations in the comments below.
Mobile users watch video here: http://bit.ly/1lCjVyR