Boa constrictor named 'Killer' undergoes surgery after eating towel

You've probably heard of snakes eating rats and insects -- but what about an entire towel?

A six-foot-long boa constrictor named Killer ingested one last week.

It wasn’t on purpose.

Dr. Julia Shakeri, of BluePearl Veterinary Partners in Tampa, discovered the ravenous reptile had eaten a rat on Tuesday, which happened to be clinging to the towel.

"It causes an obstruction which is life-threatening.  It's an emergency and the treatment is usually surgery if you can catch it before the intestines actually rupture," she said.

The removal procedure lasted an hour.  

After two weeks of rest and recovery, Killer will be back to normal in his rat-eating ways.

Information from WTSP via CNN Newsource

Print this article Back to Top

Comments