Chobani had another setback 10 months after moldy yogurt prompted a nationwide recall. Turns out the mold is more dangerous than previously thought.
Back in September, the Greek yogurt giant voluntarily recalled all of its products after receiving reports of consumers developing sicknesses and gastrointestinal issues after eating the yogurt.
Nature World News reports researchers have identified the mold as a more dangerous subspecies of an otherwise harmless fungus, and it could cause infections in people.
According to NBC, a Chobani executive rejected the findings.
For more, watch this Newsy video.