(CNN) -- The sea of online travel reviews is daunting. So many, many choices, so many (wildly divergent) opinions.
Review giant TripAdvisor has weeded through millions of traveler reviews to identify its users' favorite hotels.
On Wednesday, the site announced its 2014 Travelers' Choice Awards. More than 7,000 properties received awards, which were divided into categories including top hotels, bargains, B&Bs and inns, family, luxury, romance and small hotels.
The country with the most award winners? Italy, with 152 hotels. TripAdvisor uses an algorithm that measures the quality and quantity of the ratings from traveler reviews and opinions to identify the Travelers' Choice properties.
The average nightly rate among the category's award-winners is $366.
Here are the top 10 hotels in the United States:
1. The Grand Del Mar, San Diego
2. French Quarter Inn, Charleston, South Carolina
3. Bardessono, Yountville, California
4. Allison Inn & Spa, Newberg, Oregon
5. Five Pine Lodge & Spa, Sisters, Oregon
6. 21c Museum Hotel Bentonville, Bentonville, Arkansas
7. Tivoli Lodge, Vail, Colorado
8. The Sherry-Netherland Hotel, New York City
9. Four Seasons Resort Hualalai at Historic Ka'upulehu, Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
10. The Oxford Hotel, Bend, Oregon
Among the highest rated Travelers' Choice hotels in other categories for 2014:
™ & © 2014 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.