BOCA RATON, Fla. - State inspectors had to shut down two restaurants in the same strip mall because of what was found in the kitchen.
The strip mall is along Federal Highway near Northwest 76th street in Boca Raton. We were there for another restaurant’s rodent problem in May. This week we were back.
Inside Fah Asian Bistro & Sushi Bar (7461 N Federal Highway, Suite B5), state inspectors found live roaches in the Tempura mix, under food storage containers, and under sinks. They also found evidence of rodents.
When we went there, we were told the manager would be there at 5 PM, but at that hour the restaurant was dark and no one was around.
In the same strip mall is Corporate Caterers II (7491 N Federal Highway). Inspectors closed it down after finding more than three dozen rodent droppings. When we were there we found another violation – the back door was wide open with no screen.
We reached the owner by phone, and he told us his place is clean.
State inspectors also shut down Salon Rojo Cafeteria Restaurant (3095 S Military Trail Suite #15).
A clogged pipe had wastewater backing up through the floor drains.
The owner, Albert, blamed rice in the drain for the clog.
“The thing was taken care of in 15 minutes. I had to wait for her to come back and recheck. She came back, She checked it. That was it,” Albert said.
Inspectors also found a roach there under a sink.
Unemployment fraud frustrating employees
Millions of your tax dollars are paid to thieves each year. They're ripping off you and the government by filing fraudulent unemployment…
Injury after Jeep airbag explodes for no reason
The recall repair process is supposed to fix safety hazards, but in one recall the airbags are still going off for no reason.
American Laser Skincare suddenly closes
A nationwide laser hair removal office closed its doors abruptly surprising customers and employees who are out cash.
Grills rusting exposing flame to propane tank
Grillers across the country say their grill is a safety hazard. The Consumer Watchdog exposes the problem and gets the manufacturer to take action.
Restaurant shut down for roaches 2nd time
Roaches shut down a restaurant for the second time this year. The changes the owner says he is making.