WEST PALM BEACH - You'll find every flavor to fit your taste buds from Thai to Italian in downtown Fort Pierce. Roaches are finding the foods appetizing too.
"I'm real upset about it," Lorenzo Romano said.
Romano owns Lorenzo's Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria, and is fired up state inspectors temporarily shut down his pizza shop.
"She came in with a flashlight. An inspector that turned into a bug lady," explained Romano.
The bugs were first found munching next door to Lorenzo's at Thai Pepper in February. They've now spread down the street too.
Rinelli's Yellow Tail was shut down just days after Lorenzo's.
"There is definitely a situation with the building that we are trying to correct. We've even spoken with the landlord," explained Don Rinelli.
However, other restaurants said it's their responsibility to do pest control and not the landlord.
"It is but we also have a ceiling that is adjoined throughout this whole building," explained Rinelli.
Yellow Tail said it's stepping up pest control, and throwing away boxes more quickly since roaches often come in delivery boxes. Both restaurant owners said roaches follow the food.
"If anyone in a restaurant tells you they don't have roaches they are lying through their face. Everyone has roaches," explained Romano.
Both restaurants were only temporarily closed, which is normal protocol.
An inspector found dead roaches at Lorenzo's again on Friday, but the state report also shows the pizza shop just had a pest control treatment the day before.
Romano said the roaches were old, dead ones under a table. The restaurant stayed open and will be re-inspected Tuesday.
Unemployment fraud frustrating employees
Millions of your tax dollars are paid to thieves each year. They're ripping off you and the government by filing fraudulent unemployment…
Injury after Jeep airbag explodes for no reason
The recall repair process is supposed to fix safety hazards, but in one recall the airbags are still going off for no reason.
American Laser Skincare suddenly closes
A nationwide laser hair removal office closed its doors abruptly surprising customers and employees who are out cash.
Grills rusting exposing flame to propane tank
Grillers across the country say their grill is a safety hazard. The Consumer Watchdog exposes the problem and gets the manufacturer to take action.
Restaurant shut down for roaches 2nd time
Roaches shut down a restaurant for the second time this year. The changes the owner says he is making.