PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. - Some neighbors in Palm Beach Gardens have been living without cable, internet and phone service for 10 days.
Marilyn Gluck called the Consumer Watchdog because she said it was taking too long for AT&T to find and fix the problems at her home in the Devonshire at PGA National,
She’s been relying on cell phones with poor reception to communicate.
“We are frustrated because the cell phones don't work properly in the building,” Marilyn said. “We can't get our messages, cable television, Internet and telephones are a big part of everybody's life.
Gluck says other neighbors who use AT&T also were suffering through the outage.
“It's a service that we pay a lot of money for,” Gluck said. “They told me don't worry we will give you five dollars a day for your inconvenience. I told them I don't want the money, I want my services back.”
Gluck says she was told a few times over the last ten days that her services would be restored soon, but it hadn’t happened.
A worker was even there Thursday when our cameras were there.
Gluck said her services were restored just after 4 p.m. on Wednesday.
Statement from AT&Spokesperson: Some AT&T customers in the Devonshire community in Palm Beach Gardens may have experienced issues with their U-verse and wireline services due to extensive repair work being conducted by AT&T technicians in order to fix damage caused by a car hitting AT&T wireline equipment. Technicians worked diligently to resolve the problem, and service is currently running normally. We apologize for this inconvenience.
Unemployment fraud frustrating employees
Millions of your tax dollars are paid to thieves each year. They're ripping off you and the government by filing fraudulent unemployment…
Injury after Jeep airbag explodes for no reason
The recall repair process is supposed to fix safety hazards, but in one recall the airbags are still going off for no reason.
American Laser Skincare suddenly closes
A nationwide laser hair removal office closed its doors abruptly surprising customers and employees who are out cash.
Grills rusting exposing flame to propane tank
Grillers across the country say their grill is a safety hazard. The Consumer Watchdog exposes the problem and gets the manufacturer to take action.
Restaurant shut down for roaches 2nd time
Roaches shut down a restaurant for the second time this year. The changes the owner says he is making.