NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- HP is warning customers: Check your laptop charging cord to see if it's at risk of overheating.
Hewlett-Packard and federal regulators on Tuesday recalled 6 million power cords sold between September 2010 and June 2012 with some HP and Compaq notebook computers, as well as certain docking stations.
They warned the cords could overheat and catch fire. Of the 29 reported cases, two involved burns and there were 13 claims of property damage.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission warned the recalled power cords should be unplugged immediately.
HP provided an online tool for customers to determine if their cord is recalled.
Rat shuts Boca restaurant for 2nd time
The restaurant owner didn't want to talk at first, but changed his mind giving a surprisingly honest and candid interview to the Consumer…
Facebook privacy changes you need to look at
Have you noticed the changes on your Facebook page? The Consumer Watchdog is breaking down the changes and shows you what to look at to make…
Cruise refunds hard to get without insurance
The Consumer Watchdog shows you the steps you need to take to protect your next cruise.
Unemployment fraud frustrating employees
Millions of your tax dollars are paid to thieves each year. They're ripping off you and the government by filing fraudulent unemployment…
Injury after Jeep airbag explodes for no reason
The recall repair process is supposed to fix safety hazards, but in one recall the airbags are still going off for no reason.