(CNN) -- The best kids' attractions are fun for adults, too.
"When you spend the whole day at some place like a theme park or zoo, you want everyone in your family to enjoy it -- young and old," said Travis Katz, CEO and co-founder of travel planning site Gogobot.
That's what the site's favorite spots for kids have in common, Katz said. The 15 best attractions in the U.S. for kids, announced Tuesday as part of Gogobot's Travelers' Favorites awards , were selected based on Gogobot user recommendations and the number of visits from the site's 3.7 million users.
And the best in the U.S. for kids? That would be the Exploratorium on Pier 15 in San Francisco.
The interactive learning lab features 600 exhibits.
"The slogan at the entrance says 'Touch Everything,' making it more like a giant playground than a museum," Katz said.
Plus, there's an evening event for adults only on the first Thursday of each month, with a cash bar and film screenings in addition to the exhibits. See? Fun for everyone.
1. Exploratorium, San Francisco
2. Winter Park Resort, Winter Park, CO
3. City Museum, St. Louis
4. Dollywood's Splash Country, Piegon Forge, Tenn.
5. Bats Underneath Congress Bridge, Austin, Texas
6. Sea Turtle Inc., South Padre Island, Texas
7. American Museum of Natural History, New York
8. LEGOLAND California, Carlsbad, CA
9. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Orlando, Fla.
10. Museum of the Rockies, Bozeman, MT
11. Ocean City Boardwalk, Ocean City, MD
12. Boston Children's Museum, Boston, Mass.
13. San Antonio Zoo, San Antonio, Texas
14. Twirl Toy Store and Play Space, Taos, NM
15. Dole Plantation, Wahiawa, HI
™ & © 2014 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.