WEST PALM BEACH - A drive along A1A is what Richard Langweil looked forward to in January.
"It's just paradise," explained Langweil.
That was all Langweil was seeing on his motorcycle ride until his trip took an unexpected turn.
"I had fueled up over here and started the bike up and got to the end of the road," Langweil said and his motorcycle died.
His only ride, Langweil rolled the bike down the block to Southeast Cycle. A mechanic says he found water in his gas tank.
"I had to drain his carburetor, flush the fuel lines out, siphon out the gas out of his gas tank," explained Mike DiGloria, a mechanic at Southeast Cycle.
The repair took several hours and cost of $181.
However, Langweil didn't have the money to pay the bill and without his motorcycle he didn't have a ride.
"I advised him that he needed to get with Sunoco to get reimbursed for the work I had done, and that I would be nice enough to hold on to the ticket," explained DiGloria.
That was in January.
"I just want to see somebody step up to the plate, do what they're supposed to do," explained DiGloria.
The Sunoco station was able to help most customers by doing the repairs itself, but it says it can't reimburse Langweil or Southeast Cycle because it's out thousands in contaminated gas.
Sunoco's insurance company denied the claim saying the gas was bad when it was delivered. Now the Sunoco station is going after the gas company.
"My beef is with the system," explained Langweil.
Crystal Petroleum delivered the gas, and denies it did anything wrong.
It believes the problem was at the Sunoco station since it was under water just days earlier.
A good deed by Southeast Cycle that went unpaid until the Consumer Watchdog asked Sunoco to pay the $181 bill. It agreed to pay the bill, but the problem is far from finished.
Sunoco said it's still out thousands of dollars and expects this will head to court as the station tries to recoup its costs.
If you suspect bad gas, make sure you report it to the Florida Department of Agriculture . They inspect gas stations and any concerns about contamination.
Man say he found bugs in pet store dog treats
An unexpected surprise in a bag of pet food left a Royal Palm Beach man calling the Consumer Watchdog.
Gas sign regulation causes confusion & anger
The countdown is on until Palm Beach County gas stations have to change their signs advertising cash discounts or face a fine.
Roach problem on PBC school buses
Roaches shut down restaurants, but they don't shut the doors to the school buses our children ride. The Consumer Watchdog found roaches…
Connection between dog deaths and Trifexis?
Pet owners across the country, and here in South Florida are raising questions about a popular pet medication. The Consumer Watchdog looks…
Lawsuit: Crash victims charged more in ER
Lawsuit alleges JFK Medical Center overcharges people treated in ER following car crashes.