Peachy Berry Tart
With this recipe for homemade Peachy Berry Tart, using fresh or frozen peaches and blueberries, you're going to look like a professional pastry chef! Nobody has to know you baked up this homey fruit tart in minutes.
What You’ll Need:
1 rolled refrigerated pie crust (from a 15-ounce package)
3 cups fresh peeled and sliced peaches OR frozen peeled and sliced peaches, thawed
1/2 cup fresh blueberries OR frozen blueberries, thawed (see Note)
3 tablespoons sugar, divided
1 tablespoon apple jelly, melted
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place pie crust on a rimmed baking sheet.
2. In a large bowl, combine peaches, blueberries, and 2 tablespoons sugar. Arrange mixture in center of dough, leaving a 2-inch border.
3. Fold edges of dough toward center, pressing gently to seal (dough will only partially cover peach mixture). Brush melted jelly over peach mixture and edges of dough.
4. Bake 10 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Bake 20 additional minutes, or until lightly browned.
5. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Since fresh raspberries are so abundant and inexpensive this time of year, feel free to substitute raspberries for the blueberries. You can also use thawed, frozen raspberries.
Watch Mr. Food every weekday at noon on NewsChannel 5. For more Mr. Food recipes, visit wptv.com/MrFood.