TEQUESTA, Fla. - - A propane gas leak prompted a small evacuation in a Tequesta neighborhood.
The leak was in the area of 4 Pine Hill Trail.
Dangerous levels of gas were detected late Sunday afternoon.
Firefighters say the leak came from propane used in home appliances.
Neighbors rushed outside to the sound of sirens to see what was going on.
"I went to go ask my neighbor across the street, and he said he had a gas leak that he's had for quite a while. He had no response from the gas company. I guess somebody smelt gas and called the police," said Sandro Lopresti.
The propane was contained and excess gas burned off.
No one was hurt.
Copyright 2011 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Latest News Stories
Former WPTV NewsChannel 5 meteorologist Rob Lopicola faces up to 20 years in prison when he is sentenced by a Palm Beach County judge this morning.