LARGO, Fla. (AP) -- Authorities are investigating the death of a Largo man who was electrocuted while doing electrical work in his attic.
Pinellas County deputies and the Largo Fire Department responded to the scene Friday evening after receiving a call from the victim's wife. Andrzej Drapala was found with burn marks on his hands and chest. He was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Deputies say the death appears to be an accident.
His wife told authorities she tried calling for him and when he did not respond, she climbed to the attic and found the 45-year-old Drapala unresponsive.
The investigation continues.
©2007 The E.W. Scripps Co. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
One person will win a three-year lease on a 2013 Honda Civic Lx Sedan automatic.
Click to see the latest mugshots, plus this week's wanted fugitives.
This feature packed upgrade brings you faster performance, easier navigation, and stunning improvements to photos, video and readability.
Latest News Stories
Donations may be falling short as thousands of graves could go without a wreath decorating their headstones ahead of the holidays in Arlington National Cemetery.