ORANGE PARK, Fla. - Holiday fireworks sparked a house fire in north Florida.
Clay County Fire Rescue reports that firefighters responded to the Orange Park home Saturday. Flames were coming out of the roof and spreading through the attic. The fire was under control after about 15 minutes, but much of the attic was damaged.
Officials say the fire started after the homeowner put used fireworks inside a trash can, causing the house's eaves and an adjacent wood fence to ignite.
No injuries were reported.
Copyright Associated Press
Latest News Stories
A circuit judge is rejecting a request to exhume human remains on the site of a now-defunct Panhandle reform school where an untold number of bodies were buried over a period of 60 years