BELLE GLADE, Fla. - Residents of the Assisted Living Facility in Belle Glade were evacuated early Saturday morning after a fire broke out in the building.
Palm Beach County Fire Rescue officials said rescue crews responded the 300 block of Southwest 10th Street around 6:30 a.m. Upon arrival, crews encountered heavy smoke on the second floor of the building.
They managed to put out the fire, believed to have started in the automatic sprinklers.
As a precaution, one patient was transported to a local hospital.
The fire is currently under investigation.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
One person will win a three-year lease on a 2013 Honda Civic Lx Sedan automatic.
Click to see the latest mugshots, plus this week's wanted fugitives.
This feature packed upgrade brings you faster performance, easier navigation, and stunning improvements to photos, video and readability.