BELLE GLADE, Fla. –– A man is being flown to Delray Medical Center this morning after he suffered an electric shock, a spokesman said.
Palm Beach County Fire Rescue crews were dispatched to 227 Northwest Ave. L, west of North Main Street, just before 9:30 a.m. in response to a reported electrocution, said fire rescue spokesman Capt. Don DeLucia.
The man, whose identity has not been released by authorities, was in a boom truck when he encountered power lines and had an "electrocution issue," DeLucia said.
The man is stable and does not have life-threatening injuries.
He is being taken to the hospital by Trauma Hawk out of precaution, DeLucia said.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
One person will win a three-year lease on a 2013 Honda Civic Lx Sedan automatic.
Click to see the latest mugshots, plus this week's wanted fugitives.
This feature packed upgrade brings you faster performance, easier navigation, and stunning improvements to photos, video and readability.