PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. -- A home in Port St. Lucie was destroyed this morning after officials say a fire broke out in its garage.
The two residents of the home at 1034 SE Walters Terrace made it out safe, but Red Cross volunteers who arrived at the scene are calling the house a total loss.
Fire rescue crews put out the flames, which officials believe were caused by something electrical in the garage.
The two people living in the home have been taken to a hotel where they will spend the next three nights, courtesy of the Red Cross.
A Red Cross official said the people living in the home were renting it from the home's owner in Miami.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
One person will win a three-year lease on a 2013 Honda Civic Lx Sedan automatic.
Click to see the latest mugshots, plus this week's wanted fugitives.
This feature packed upgrade brings you faster performance, easier navigation, and stunning improvements to photos, video and readability.
Latest Local News Stories