An apartment fire forced a Boynton Beach woman and her dog from their home early Friday.
The fire occurred on Southwest 10th Avenue. Red Cross said its volunteers responded about 2:45 a.m. to provide food, clothing and other supplies, and to arrange lodging for the displaced resident.
The fire started in a closet and the damage was too extensive for the woman to remain in the apartment, according to Lynn Fernandez of the Red Cross.
The woman who lived there was not injured and firefighters were able to rescue her dog, Fernandez said.
Copyright 2011 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
One person will win a three-year lease on a 2013 Honda Civic Lx Sedan automatic.
Click to see the latest mugshots, plus this week's wanted fugitives.
This feature packed upgrade brings you faster performance, easier navigation, and stunning improvements to photos, video and readability.
Latest Local News Stories