PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. - A man was in critical but stable condition Thursday afternoon after being shocked while working on the electrical system of a store in a shopping plaza in Palm Beach Gardens, said chief Keith Bryer, spokesman for the city’s fire department.
The man “was cutting some electrical wires when he by mistake cut a live wire,” Bryer said. He said the man was rushed to St. Mary’s Medical Center.
The incident, which happened at 7022 Fairway Lane around 3:23 p.m., resulted in a power outage off of PGA, he said.
1,385 FPL customers west of Florida’s Turnpike, off of PGA Boulevard were without power for a few hours because of the incident, said Bill Orlove, FPL spokesman.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
One person will win a three-year lease on a 2013 Honda Civic Lx Sedan automatic.
Click to see the latest mugshots, plus this week's wanted fugitives.
This feature packed upgrade brings you faster performance, easier navigation, and stunning improvements to photos, video and readability.
Latest Local News Stories