JUPITER, Fla. - A man suffers injuries during a 'flash fire” from a dryer on Sunday morning, according to Captain Albert Borroto, spokesman for Palm Beach County Fire Rescue.
The incident happened around 11:15 a.m. in the 6100 block of Riverwalk Lane in Jupiter, says Borroto.
Upon their arrival, crews found an adult male that suffered burns on his legs from a fire that developed in the laundry room, confirms Borroto.
According to early reports, the man may have been cleaning with paint thinner when the fire broke out.
The patient was flown by TraumaHawk to St. Mary’s Medical Center for treatment.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
One person will win a three-year lease on a 2013 Honda Civic Lx Sedan automatic.
Click to see the latest mugshots, plus this week's wanted fugitives.
This feature packed upgrade brings you faster performance, easier navigation, and stunning improvements to photos, video and readability.
Latest Local News Stories