SUBURBAN WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - A clothing dryer fire appears to be the cause of a late night house fire at 2336 Wabasso Drive in Suburban West Palm Beach.
The fire broke out around 10:45 p.m. Sunday, said Lee Forshner, spokesman with Palm Beach County Fire Rescue.
Nicholas Evans was in the home at the time, with his parents and sister. He says his father was trying to get rid of lint from the clothes dryer when the fire started, then spread into the ceiling area.
Nicholas says family members tried throwing water on the flames before fire rescue first responders arrived.
There were several pets inside the home at the time. Most got out safely, except for some hamsters that died.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
One person will win a three-year lease on a 2013 Honda Civic Lx Sedan automatic.
Click to see the latest mugshots, plus this week's wanted fugitives.
This feature packed upgrade brings you faster performance, easier navigation, and stunning improvements to photos, video and readability.
Latest Local News Stories
Get the latest news from West Palm Beach on our Central Palm Beach County homepage.