RIVIERA BEACH, Fla. - NewsChannel 5 has learned that two Riviera Beach city council candidates have just filed a lawsuit after questions surfaced over the integrity of the March election.
A hearing is scheduled for 3 p.m. on March 5.
The candidates say Elizabeth Robinson, who is running in the District 1 race -- and Terrence Davis, who is running in the District 5 race -- should be disqualified from the election.
Neither, the lawsuit says, should have signed campaign checks given to the city to pay the qualifying fees.
State law says only campaign treasurers can sign the checks.
The lawsuit does not mention the mayoral race.
Last week, Riviera Beach City Clerk Carrie Ward said all nine candidates on the ballot could stay on the ballot after questions were first raised.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Click here to see the latest mugshots in Palm Beach County
Click here to see the latest mugshots in St. Lucie County.
Get the latest updates, photos and video from the devastation in Moore, Okla. Also, see how to help.