PALM SPRINGS, Fla. - Thousands of dollars worth of fireworks accidentally went off inside a home in the Village of Palm Springs Thursday afternoon.
Just before 5, neighbors heard a large boom in the 3200 block of Drew Way. Firefighters were just a few blocks away and rushed to the scene and put out the smoke and flames.
The Battalion Chief told NewsChannel 5 the homeowner was testing and filling up butane lighters preparing for a private fireworks show when a spark ignited the entire display.
Luckily, noone was injured and there was only minor damage done to the home.
The homeowner, Mark Essary, called it a big "accident' and said "God's good to me" after looking at the damage left behind.
The family ignites a large fireworks display every year on the Fourth of July.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
One person will win a three-year lease on a 2013 Honda Civic Lx Sedan automatic.
Click to see the latest mugshots, plus this week's wanted fugitives.
This feature packed upgrade brings you faster performance, easier navigation, and stunning improvements to photos, video and readability.
Latest Local News Stories
Get the latest news from your neighborhood on our Central Palm Beach County homepage.