TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - After Tuesday's primary, the state will begin building a new list of possible illegally registered voters.
The old list was thrown out because the state didn’t have access to a federal immigration database and some of the people on the list were US Citizens.
Secretary of State Ken Detzner says he’s been working closing with the Department of Homeland Security for access to the database to start building the new list.
“We are going to restart the program in the very near future. We are working deliberately, very cautiously in making sure that all the processes are in place when we move forward managing that program with the assistance of the federal government,” said Detzner
What the state still lacks is a signed agreement with DHS over use of the database.
Detzner says he’s made ground toward the agreement this week.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
One person will win a three-year lease on a 2013 Honda Civic Lx Sedan automatic.
Click to see the latest mugshots, plus this week's wanted fugitives.
This feature packed upgrade brings you faster performance, easier navigation, and stunning improvements to photos, video and readability.
Latest News Stories
Police say a college student found unconscious outside a neighbor's house in Duluth had been outdoors for more than nine hours in subzero temperatures and suffered severe hypothermia.