(WDIV) Michigan police and Child Protective Services are investigating what happened after deputies were called to an Independence Township home Wednesday afternoon for a sick child.
The child, a 4-year-old girl, was found by her 25-year-old stepbrother in the home. Her stepbrother suspected she ate something harmful. The Oakland County Sheriff's Office says the girl ate marijuana. It appears the child may have eaten a marijuana cookie that was in the house.
Independence Township Fire Department transported her to Royal Oak Beaumont Hospital. The girl was checked out and it was determined she had consumed marijuana.
"We don't expect tremors or seizures with an adult who smokes marijuana or eats it, but we see that with children," said a poison control expert from Children's Hospital. "The good thing is less of the marijuana is actually absorbed orally, as opposed to smoking it."
Read more: http://bit.ly/10hjZ9L
One person will win a three-year lease on a 2013 Honda Civic Lx Sedan automatic.
Click to see the latest mugshots, plus this week's wanted fugitives.
This feature packed upgrade brings you faster performance, easier navigation, and stunning improvements to photos, video and readability.
Latest News Stories
Reports tie a car break-in in Boca Raton to documents related to a Major League Baseball drug investigation.