UPDATE: Applebee's is making some changes at its restaurants nationwide after an employee at a restaurant near Detroit accidentally served alcohol to a toddler.
According to USA Today, servers will now pour juice for children from single-serve containers at the table, according to a company spokesperson.
Servers will also be retrained to emphasize that non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages will be stored in separate and identifiable containers.
MADISON HEIGHTS, Mich. (WXYZ) - A toddler was accidentally served alcohol at an Applebee’s restaurant.
Good Morning America reported that 15-month-old D.J. Dill-Reese was served alcohol instead of apple juice at the restaurant.
D.J.’s mother, Taylor Dill-Reese, recognized the mix-up after witnessing her son act strangely. He was taken to the hospital where his blood alcohol was recorded at .10—above the legal limit for adults.
Copyright 2011 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Latest News Stories
Police and school officials say American University's campus in the nation's capital is on lockdown after police received calls about a man with a gun.