MOBILE, AL - A puppy's trot through a garden turned into a trip to an emergency veterinarian.
'Blue' is not only an adorable pup, but a canine medical miracle.
His owners brought him to Rehm Animal Hospital in Mobile, Alabama after he somehow managed to swallow a garden flagpole.
His X-rays showed the full extent of the problem.
The vet staff was able to remove the hook from the stomach and get the pole out without damaging other parts of the pit bull's body.
"I've never seen a dog swallow something so large and definitely never seen a dog survive something like this," said Caroline Rehm of Rehm Animal Clinic.
Blue is now doing just fine. Vets aren't sure how he ingested the entire pole.
Copyright 2011 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
One person will win a three-year lease on a 2013 Honda Civic Lx Sedan automatic.
Click to see the latest mugshots, plus this week's wanted fugitives.
This feature packed upgrade brings you faster performance, easier navigation, and stunning improvements to photos, video and readability.
A Texas man is taking off on a mission across America. Bearing the cold, and bearing a cross.