In the U.K., a case of dog eat dog landed one pooch in the vet's office -- we're not kidding. Alfie the spaniel swallowed a toy puppy whole, as the x-ray clearly shows.
The hungry pooch swiped the toy from a doll's house. And when Alfie fell ill, owners Joanne Dutton and daughter Madeline took him to the vets. They were shocked to see that it was actually a toy dog, making their pet sick as a dog. Doctors performed minor surgery to remove the toy from his stomach. The procedure was a success and Alfie has made a full recovery.
The owner also says, “Alfie’s normal now — running round like a lunatic."
Copyright 2009 The E.W. Scripps Co. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.