We follow the government's 2010 dietary guidelines for Americans so devoutly we're thinking about tattooing the recommendations on our biceps. All you have to do is answer these simple questions based on the guidelines.
1. At each meal, how much of your plate should be filled with fruit and vegetables?
2. How many milligrams of sodium should you consume per day?
NEXT PAGE: What should your daily sodium intake be?
3. If you are age 51 or older, what should your daily sodium intake be?
a) 2,300 mg
b) 1,650 mg
c) 1,500 mg
4. What's the maximum percentage of your diet that should come from saturated fats?
NEXT PAGE: What is the maximum amount of milligrams of cholesterol one should consume daily?
5. What is the maximum amount of milligrams of cholesterol one should consume daily?
a) 500 mg
b) 400 mg
c) 300 mg
6. What's the maximum number of alcoholic drinks men and women should drink per day?
a) 3 men, 2 women
b) 2 men, 1 women
c) 0 for both
NEXT PAGE: The answers!
ANSWERS: 1: b; 2: a; 3: c; 4: b; 5: c; 6: b.
Copyright 2011 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.