INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT
THE 2012-2013 SCHOOL YEAR IS BEGINS NEXT MONTH
DON’T WAIT TO CHECK IMMUNIZATION REQUIREMENTS & PHYSICALS
PALM BEACH COUNTY, FL— Before the start of the 2012-2013 school year, parents are reminded to check immunization and school physical requirements. Avoid longer lines and wait times during the annual end of summer rush. Now is the time to prepare for the upcoming school year by reviewing students’ immunization records and updating any required vaccines and scheduling school physicals.
Palm Beach County Health Department Health Centers offer vaccination services. School physicals and wellness exams are also available for a flat rate of $35.00.
The 2012-2013 school year now requires Eleventh grade students to have proof of a Varicella (Chickenpox) vaccine. Seventh, Eighth, Ninth and Tenth graders will need proof of a Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis (Tdap) Booster and all students should have received other vaccines like Mumps, Measles, Rubella, Hepatitis B, Polio and their form 680 on file as proof of receipt.
Over the next several weeks the Palm Beach County Health Department will be conducting immunization outreaches to help parents and children get vaccinated and their records up to date. In addition to immunizations being offered at the Health Centers throughout the county, outreaches with the immunization van include the following locations:
• Friday, July 20: Hispanic Seventh Day Adventist Church, 2727 Georgia Ave., West Palm Beach, 9:00am ‐12:00pm
• Sat., July 21: Jamaicans of the Palm Beaches @ Foundcare Community Health Center, 2330 S. Congress Ave., Palm Springs, 9:00am – 12:00pm
• Tuesday, July 24 & Wednesday, July 25 : West Palm Beach Health Center, 1150 45th St., 9:30am-12:00pm
• Thursday, July 26: Riviera Beach Headstart, 1440 Martin Luther King Blvd., Riviera Beach 9:00am-12:00pm
• Friday, July 27: Bridges of Lake Worth, Salem Haitian Lutheran Church, 1020 S. Dixie Hwy Lake Worth, 9:30am-12:00pm
• Saturday, July 28: Good Shepard United Methodist Church, 2341 S. Military Trail, West Palm Beach, 9:30am‐12:00pm
• Wednesday, August 1: West Palm Beach Health Center, 1150 45th St., 9:30am-12:00pm
• Thursday, August 2: Village Academy, 400 S.W 12th Ave., Delray Beach, 9:30am – 12:00pm
• Friday, August 3: Multilingual Psychotherapy Center, 1639 Forum Place, West Palm Beach, 9:30 am – 12:00 pm
• Saturday, August 4: Bridges at Boynton Beach, St. John Missionary Baptist Church, 900 N. Seacrest Blvd., Boynton Beach, 9:30 am- 12:00 pm
• Tuesday, August 7: Palm Springs Baptist Church, 3300 10th Ave. N. 9:30 am – 12:00 pm
• Wednesday, August 8: West Palm Beach Health Center, 1150 45th St., 9:30am-12:00pm
• Thursday, August 9: West Palm Beach Health Center, 1150 45th St., 9:30am-12:00pm
There is no charge for children’s immunizations for those who meet qualifications through 18 years old. Information can be obtained by calling 800-810-1225 or on the web at www.pbchd.com.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Click here to see the latest mugshots in Palm Beach County
Click here to see the latest mugshots in St. Lucie County.
Celebrities who died too young include Whitney, Kurt Cobain, Amy Winehouse, Tupac, and Phil Hartman.
Latest News Stories
North Korea fired a projectile into waters off its eastern coast Sunday, a day after Pyongyang launched three short-range missiles in the area.